As we enter a new year, with many young people resuming remote learning, #HealMeToo is sharing an interview recorded in early fall, with insights, guidance and practical tips from Ashleigh Anderson, a Relationship Abuse Prevention Program coordinator at NYC’s Edward R. Murrow High School.
In this episode, learn about:
- Teens and middle-schoolers’ specific vulnerabilities to tech abuse in this time
- Creating boundaries when we’re at home and everyone’s connected 24/7
- Why helping our kids can be tricky when we adults are enduring the same traumas, too
- A deeper take on self-care (it’s not just taking baths)
- How adults sometimes gloss over the impact of the pandemic and the Black Lives Matter Movement for young people
- Ways to normalize the way kids and teens are feeling
- Tips for recognizing and helping address some symptoms of PTSD
You can watch the video recording of the podcast below, or listen to just the audio here.